Monday, March 14, 2011

Introduction

Hey, my name is Emanuel. I live in Levittown, Toa Baja and I recently turned 19. I am currently majoring in Audiovisual Communications with emphasis on Cinema. Since I can remember, movies have fascinated me. I like most genres of them, though I prefer drama, science fiction and animation. My favorite movies are Amelie, The Wizard of Oz and Sleeping Beauty.
I plan on doing a minor in Foreign Languages. Since I started the university last semester, learning other languages is a desire that has grown on me. I want to learn French, Italian, Greek, Arab, and German. Going away as an exchange student is something that I think I would like very much and it would be a great opportunity not only to travel, but to know more about another culture and way of life. Who knows? Maybe the interest in Languages surpasses my passion for movies and movie-making. I'll probably end up mixing the two.
Another great hobby and interest of mine is Literature. I started reading since I was very small, and I have never stopped. I read almost anything, from classic literature to modern science fiction and adventure. My favorite books include The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Call of the Wild, Peter Pan, The Wizard of Oz and Where the Wild Things Are. At the moment, my favorite author is Oscar Wilde. His work is amazing and his personal story is very interesting.
I am a vegetarian. I started last September and I have not failed in not eating meat. There are many reasons why I suddenly changed my way of eating. First of all, I wanted to start eating well and lose some pounds, which I have. The other is that I don't think we should eat the meat that is sold in supermarkets because the animals are treated very cruelly. Maybe if the animals ran free until his time of their death I would make an exception, but that is never the case.
That's it for now. I hope you found this part of my story interesting and that you got to know me better.

-Emanuel

1 comment:

  1. I'm a vegetarian too, Emanuel. Wild Things...is that a children's book about a boy who gets in trouble? (I read "Where the Wild Things Are At The Moment"-that can't be the title!!)

    ReplyDelete