Monday, March 14, 2011

Writing Down the Bones: A List of Topics for Writing Practice

Here is one of the activities I made as part of the oral presentation another student made, the List of Topics for Writing.

When I finished making the list, I realized I want to write about things that I like or personal matters. I guess I am not really interested in writing about social matters or such.

Here are the of topics from the list. Notice that everything is personal or something that interests me in some way(movies, books, etc.). I explained some of them.

-Tumblr.
Tumblr is a blog site, pretty much like this one. The difference is that Tumblr is more about photography, movies and that sort of thing. Of course, there are people who only post writings. One thing I like about it is that there are people there that is very similar with me in terms of interests and hobbies.

-French
I am planning to major in Foreign Languages. One language I plan on studying is French. I think that writing about it will
motivate me more to study it and learn it.

-Film
I love movies. In fact, I am currently taking communication classes to later pursue a career in the film industry.

-The Table

-How I Met Your Mother
Watching How I Met Your Mother always makes me feel better. I love it.

-Musical Theater
I absolutely love musicals, both in theater and movies. My movie collection is filled with musicals including Chicago and West Side Story. Sadly, I have only seen a couple of live Broadway musicals, hairspray and In the Heights.

-In the Heights
Last november I saw In the Heights live here in Puerto Rico. It was the one of the most amazing and happiest experiences I had in 2010.

-Glee
Glee is a musical dramedy show that airs on Fox. I love musicals so it's no wonder that I love this show. The storyline is cheesy and sometimes stupid but I love most of the musical performances and the witty dialogue.

-Classes I want to take

-Air conditioning in COPU

-Recycling

-Living in my own apartment
One of my plans for college is living in my own apartment. Obviously, I want roommates. It is an experience I am looking forward to.

-Roommates

-True Blood

-Meryl Streep

-Tim Burton


-Guillermo del Toro

-Oscar Wilde
Oscar Wilde is currently my favorite author. I have yet to read his plays, bu
t I love everything I have read so far.


-The Picture of Dorian Gray
I am obsessed with this book. It was written by Oscar Wilde. It's filled with amazing and quotable dialogue. Also, I love the characters. I recommend it to everyone.




-New York Trip
It's my dream to go to New York. Who knows, maybe I will end up living there. In the meantime, I just want to go visit and hopefully go to Broadway.

-Europe
Because I am going to study Foreign Languages I am planning to spend a semester or a year as an exchange student in either France or Italy.

-Study Plans

-Disney

-Simba
Simba is my cat. She is the most adorable thing in the world.

-M-O

-Greek

-My Ponyo

-Being a Vegetarian
Since last September I became a vegetarian. I would love to write about my experience so far and explain the reasons why I don't eat meat.


-Emanuel

1 comment:

  1. Write more of a reflection, and highlight a few ideas if this is your "official" post.

    ReplyDelete